Certificates issued via Saber
There are two certificates issued via Saber, as there are two phases of the conformity assessment process, and a certificate issued for each phase:
Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC)
The Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) is proof that a regulated product conforms to standards and relevant technical regulations.
The request for issuing PCoC must be initiated by importer, then selecting a Certification Body like Tabseer for conformity assessment and issuing the certificate.
Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC)
The Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC) is issued for each specific shipment, after issuing the PCoC through the certification body, it is also requested by the importer.
- Raising the level of safety and quality of products in the Saudi market by limiting any non-conform products.
- Facilitating and accelerating product clearance.
- Speeding up the registration and issuance of required conformity certificates for imported and locally manufactured products.
Saber registration benefits
- Facilitating and reducing the time of clearance process, which makes it easier and faster to place the products in the Saudi market.
- Once a product is registered on Saber, it becomes linked to its HS code and saved on Saber database, which facilitates the certificate renewal process.
- Saber platform allows the importer or manufacturer to track their requests to register products or issue certificates.
- Connecting the importers and manufacturers to the assessment bodies -like Tabseer-, as all SASO approved bodies are enlisted on Saber .
- All conformity assessment bodies work under SASO supervision, which ensures trusted conformity services.
- Avoiding any delays or rejections, as not registering on Saber prevents the products from clearing at customs ports.
Tabseer is a conformity assessment body approved by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) to provide conformity services for all low voltage electrical appliances and equipment according to the technical regulations approved by the authority. In addition, we own a professional experienced team and a worldwide network that enables us to provide an unparalleled service in the field of conformity assessment and issuing the required certificates of conformity.