The G Mark for food grinders and mixers
The G Mark scope of low voltage electrical equipment and home appliances includes 13 categories of products that are required to obtain the mark otherwise they will not be allowed to enter the Gulf Cooperation Council states and prevented from displaying in the markets.
The G Mark scope is defined in The Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances and detailed in the technical guidance provided by the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO).
The scope might sound confusing for manufacturers and importers wishing to obtain the G Mark, which leads to going through wrong procedures and shipment delays or rejections.
This article will detail the included and excluded products from category 4: Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors, and the relevant applicable standards.
The G Mark scope of food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors
The GSO defined the products within the category of Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors that are mandatory to obtain the G Mark, and the other products that don’t require it.
The included and excluded products are as follows:
The included products:
- Food grinders
- Food mixers
- Centrifugal juicers and slow juicers
- Citrus-fruit squeezers
- Berry-juice extractors
- Coffee mills
- Grain grinders
- Multifunctional food processors and kitchen machines only for household use
- Cream whippers
- Egg beaters
- Bean slicers
- Choppers without food mixing or blending functions
- Slicing machines
- Can openers
- Knife sharpener
- Ice cream appliances including those for use in refrigerators and freezers, or those with incorporated motor compressors.
- Potato peeler
- Milk frothers
- Noodle makers
- Food waste disposers
- Sieving machines
- Kitchen machines intended for commercial purposes
- Kitchen machines intended for industrial purposes
- Sweet ball makers
- Car-portable grinders and coffer heaters
There are a number of standards relevant to the products within this category as follows:
Electrical safety-relevant standards:
- IEC 603351
- IEC 60335214
Electromagnetic Compatibility–relevant standards:
- CISPR 14- 1
- CISPR 14- 2
- IEC 61000-3-2
- IEC 61000-3-3
- IEC 61000-3-11
- IEC 61000-3-12
Advantages of obtaining the G Mark for food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors
Obtaining the G Mark for your food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors products ensures the following advantages:
- Your products will move across the borders of the GCC member states freely without facing any rejections.
- Your product will be proven to conform to the applicable standards and meet the safety and quality requirements.
- Your products will gain the customers’ confidence which helps raise your sales.