Registration Portal of the Saudi Quality Mark
Manufacturers who wish to export their products to Saudi Arabia and require the Saudi Quality Mark are obligated to register their facility and apply through SASO’s jeem 1 portal.
SASO transfers the request to one of their approved bodies for carrying out the assessment process, and provides their recommendations for granting the Saudi Quality Mark License.
Tabseer Role in Granting the Saudi Quality Mark License
The Quality Mark is a common mark between the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) and the conformity assessment body.
Accordingly, Tabseer, as a conforming assessment body mandated to conform products to granting requirements, performs the following:
- Receiving and studying the request submitted to the authority.
- Reviewing the technical documents provided by the facility.
- Recording cases of non-conformity, taking corrective action and making a recommendation for the conformity decision.
- After ensuring that all procedures are implemented correctly, the documents are sent back to the authority for the final decision.
- Communicating with the facility to receive the license certificate to use the Saudi Quality Mark.
Who Can Apply to Obtain the Saudi Quality Mark License?
Every facility that produces or distributes goods that comply with Saudi technical regulations and standards, and applies an approved quality assurance management system to produce goods, has the right to apply for the Saudi Quality Mark.
Conditions of use the Saudi Quality Mark :
- The merchant has the right to label the Quality Mark on the products within the scope of the license.
- The merchant has the right to refer to the Saudi Quality Mark in the product marketing documents.
- The Quality Mark should be unerasable whether printed or labeled on the product.
- In case there is no space for the Quality Mark or it can’t be labeled on the product, the facility should get back to the granting authority to get approval on the labeling place.
- The Mark should be printed on the product to be identical to the official Mark form.
- It shouldn’t be labeled on the correspondence of the facility.
- The applicants can’t use the mark before or during the process of verifying their requests.
- The facility can get back to the granting authority for official approval on the documents intended to label the mark.
- Using the Quality Mark doesn’t mean -in any case- that the granting authority is legally responsible for the manufacturer, importer, or distributer.
Tabseer is an approved conforming assessment body. In addition, we own a professional experienced team and a worldwide network which enables us to provide an unparalleled service in the field of conformity assessment and issuing the required certificates of conformity.