The eCosma includes the following sections:
eCosma notification process
eCosma notification system purpose
The importance of eCosma notification
It is a tool for the SFDA to carry out its mission of supervising and controlling cosmetic products in the Saudi market.
Obtaining the certificate of conformity and clearing the imported cosmetic products at customs ports requires the notification/listing reference numbers and Warehouse License number. As the certificate of conformity is still mandatory for cosmetics.
eCosma scope of products
Examples of cosmetic products
eCosma notification requirements
Manufacturer Notification requirements
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or Quality Certificate
- Marketing Authorization Letter
- Contact Person Authorization Letter (in KSA)
- Relationship letter between the brand owner and manufacturer
- Free sale certificate
- In the case of foreign companies that intend to export cosmetics to Saudi Arabia, it is a must to sign with a local distribution company to obtain both manufacturer and product notification.
Product Notification requirements
eCosma product notification types
Notifying cosmetic products on eCosma requires selecting one of four types of product notification:
- A simple product, which is a one-pack product, requires one product information file and one notification in eCosma.
- Simple products with variants such as one make-up set including various shades, this type requires one product information file and one notification in eCosma.
- Composite products such as pallets including several types of products such as eye shadow, and blush…, this type requires one product information file and one notification in eCosma.
- Kit products such as kits consisted of different products such as kits shower gel + lotion…, this type requires an information file and notification in eCosma for each product separately.
What is eCosma Warehouse licensing?
In Tabseer we will help you with our worldwide network and partners to ensure conformity compliance for your products with SFDA technical regulations and standards, so you can register and notify your products from cosmetics in eCosma, and get an easy clearance of your shipments at customs ports via certificate of conformance(COC).